Sevierville, Tennessee is the perfect place for a log home; it is nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains’ foothills on the Little Pigeon River banks. The 8th oldest town in Tennessee, it’s steeped in mountain history and culture. It is only a short drive away from popular travel destinations like Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Knoxville, and Asheville, NC. When you build your log home or log cabin in Sevierville, you’ll become a part of a beautiful mountain community known for its small-town, family-friendly atmosphere, but with plenty of things to do — from outdoor activities to unique shopping and entertainment.
Here are 7 reasons your family will love living the log cabin life in Sevierville!
1. You’ll live for less. The state of Tennessee has no income tax and lower property taxes than bigger cities. (Tennessee currently charges the Hall Tax, a tax on dividends and stocks, but it will be phased out by 2021.) All of this means more money in your pocket!
2. You’ll enjoy temperate temperatures. With average highs of around 70 degrees, lows of about 45 degrees, and approximately five inches of snow a year, your family will be able to enjoy the outdoors longer. Plus, you’ll save on heating and cooling bills.
3. You’ll love getting out in the great outdoors. Sevierville and the surrounding Smoky Mountains offer the ultimate in outdoor adventures. Whether you’re an avid hiker, enjoy whitewater rafting, or simply want to spend a relaxing afternoon fishing or golfing, your options for outdoor activities will be endless.
To see more amazing outdoor options, check out VisitSevierville.com.
4. You can purchase local, handmade arts and crafts that will look perfect in your log home! Sevierville is home to some of the finest mountain artists and craftspeople in the U.S, and their high-quality, handmade furniture and décor couldn’t be more suited for your log home. You’ll find everything from rocking chairs to pottery to quilts at famous annual craft fairs or in local shops in Wears Valley.
5. You’ll be inspired by the music of the Great Smoky Mountains. The Smokies are credited for being the birthplace of Hillbilly music, so you’ll find plenty of local music halls and entertainment venues offering up musical events of all kinds. And of course, we can’t go without mentioning famous native Dolly Parton, who grew up in a tiny two-room cabin in the mountains of Sevierville, then went on to become a country music legend and award-winning actress.
6. You can shop ‘til you drop. If you enjoy perusing flea markets, antiquing, or scoring bargains on the latest fashions, you’ll love all the shopping destinations the Sevierville area has to offer! Start with the Tanger Outlets for bargains, head to the Green Olde Antique Mall for old-timey treasures, then visit The Great Smokies Flea Market to pick up eclectic, out-of-the-ordinary finds!
7. You’ll experience a region rich in history and culture. History buffs will love visiting attractions like the Harrisburg Covered Bridge, the Sevier County Courthouse, and the Sevier County Heritage Museum, where you can view artifacts like clothing, news articles, and tools — many donated by locals whose families have lived in the area for generations. Aviation aficionados won’t want to miss the Tennessee Museum of Aviation, which houses a collection of helicopters, jets, and military vehicles and sometimes offers unscheduled flight demonstrations of vintage aircraft!
Let Big Twig Help You Make Your Move to Sevierville
If you’re considering moving away from a bigger city to enjoy a simpler way of life, want a family-friendly place to raise your kids, or just want to make a move to the mountains, give Big Twig Homes a call. We offer log home packages or custom homes that will fit your budget and the lifestyle you’re looking for. Let us help you get started on your journey to living the life you’ve always dreamed of! Learn More Free Estimate